Pre Sleep - Relax
Unlike it's name, Pre Sleep is a highly effective anti-stress formula. Pre Sleep helps your mind and body to relax, contributes to normal resistance to stress and has a positive influence on your sleep. It also helps with mental pressure, anxiety or a tense feeling. You will worry less and fall a sleep faster (Chamomile, Passionflower, Hops, Valerian*).
Fall Asleep faster!
Many people take their work troubles home with them. Stress is one of the biggest causes of sleep disorders. If you need some help letting go of the day's worries and falling asleep, it's time to prioritise rest and relaxation. Restful sleep is good for your health and wellbeing.
Pre Sleep contains effective natural ingredients, including:
- Vitamin B3, B6, B12: these vitamins have a positive effect on the function of the nervous system and is good for your mood and mental balance.
- Chamomile-extract (Matricaria Chamomilla) - in the right dose 4:1 - helps your body and mind to relax and helps you fall a sleep quicker*.
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata): relaxes and supports maintaining a good night's rest. Passionflower helps to physically and mentally stay balanced in times of stress*.
- Valerian: Valerian root extract was used by the ancient Greek as a powerful healing herb. It has a relaxing and soothing effect and contributes to normal resistance to stress. It also supports a good night's rest and helps you fall asleep quicker*.
- Hops (Lupulinum): is known for its soothing effect and helps to relax the body and mind. Hops helps you fall asleep more quickly and is good for sleep*.
- L-Theanine: green tea extract contains L-Theanine, which is an amino acid.
- L-Taurine: is an amino acid.
- L-Glycine: is an amino acid.
Relaxation and sleep: five tips
Sometimes a minor change in your sleep habits can have a big impact. Most people need about fifteen minutes to fall asleep. The following five tips can help you fall asleep.
- Don't eat heavy meals late at night.
- Avoid sugary desserts.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Dim the lights at night.
- Dim screens (tablet, phone) at night and turn them off an hour before bedtime.
If you have a demanding job or if you're busy with the kids and can use some extra help relaxing and falling asleep, try Pre Sleep after dinner to help you relax and prepare your body for a restful night.
If you are having trouble sleeping through the night, we also recommend our sleep supplement Sleep On.
* (Chamomile, Passionflower, Valerian, Hops): - Health claim awaiting European admission - .
1. Hossain JL, Sleep Breath. 2002 Jun;6(2):85-102
2. Morgan K , Chapter 15 of the Oxford Handbook of Sleep and Sleep Disorders
3. Morin CM et al. (2003): Psychosom Med; 65(2):259-67
4. Friedman L et al. (1995): Psychol Aging; 10:352
5. Hall M et al. (2000): Psychosom Med; 62:227–30
6. Healy ES et al. (1981): Psychosom Med; 43:439–51
7. Healy ES et al. (1981): Psychosom Med; 43:439–51
8. Monroe L (1967): J Abnormal Psychol; 72:255-264
9. Johns MW et al, (1971): Psychosom Med; 33:499-508
10. Akerstedt T et al, (2002): J Psychosom Res, 53:741-748
11. Nordin M et al, (2005): J Occupat Health Psychol; 10(1):54-63
12. Ngan A et al, Phytother Res. 2011;25(8):1153-9
13. Appel K et al, Phytother Res. 2011 Jun;25(6):838-43
14. Sarris J et al, European neuropsychopharmacology 2011;21(12):841–860
15. Bent S et al, Am J Med. 2006 Dec;119(12):1005-12
16. Fernandez-San-Martin MI et al, Sleep Med. 2010 Jun;11(6):505-11
17. Salter S et al, Aust Fam Physician. 2010 Jun;39(6):433-7
18. Taavoni S et al, Menopause. 2011 Sep;18(9):951-5
19. Morin CM et al, Sleep. 2005 Nov;28(11):1465-71
20. Dimpfel W et al, Eur J Med Res. 2008 May 26;13(5):200-4
21. Brattsröm A et al, Wien Med Wochenschr. 2007;157(13-14):367-70
22. Melancon MO et al, Pathol Biol (Paris). 2014 Oct;62(5):276-83
23. Bohár Z et al, Int J Mol Sci. 2015 Apr 29;16(5):9772-93
24. Lyon MR, Altern Med Rev. 2011 Dec;16(4):348-5